SACEOS signs Memorandum of Understanding with Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore, 5 October 2016 – SACEOS signs MOU with Singapore Institute of Technology to promote learning and career opportunities for SIT students in the MICE industry.
1. SACEOS today entered into a two-year Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) to promote learning and career opportunities for SIT students in the MICE industry.
2. SACEOS promotes the growth and development of the local MICE industry, setting best practices and enhancing infrastructure and capabilities in the Singapore MICE industry.
3. SACEOS will introduce and familiarize SIT students to the MICE industry and its real-life business environments.
4. Key implementations of this MOU will include:
- Educational talks for sIT students by senior members of SACEOS
- SACEOS will assist to provide placement opportunities for SIT's unique Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP), facilitating industry linkages through its membership database
- Jointly co-create executive development programmes for the Singapore MICE industry
5. Said Prof Loh Han Tong, "SACEOS has been instrumental in raising professionalism within the local MICE industry and helping it prosper, making Singapore the best venue in Asia. SIT students will benefit vastly from SACEOS' strong global network and also the opportunity of real-world experience in the MICE industry, galling strongly in line with our applied learning philosophy."
6. SACEOS is the center of learning for all MICE and events professionals in Singapore. In fact, we are the only association in Asia who is able to offer and provide internationally recognized accreditation," explained Janet Tan-Collis, President of SACEOS. She concludes that, "we are thrilled to be partnering for the first time with a university focusing strongly on providing first class education to future MICE leaders."
7. The MOU was signed on October 5 by Professor Loh Han Tong, Deputy President (Academic) and Provost of SIT and Ms Janet Tan-Collis, President of SACEOS at the Sands Expo & Convention Centre at Marina Bay Sands.